Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Year Ago Today I...

Weighed 92.5 pounds more and…

Couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without being winded…

Couldn’t bend over to tie my shoes without strategic propping involved…

Couldn’t imagine that life would be any different than it already was…

Today I…

Weight less than I did when I was 14 years old and…

Can walk long distances without trouble….

Can bend over to pick something up without feeling like I might fall over….

Can see great promise in the future things to come my way and already have a life that is totally different from before…
I would like to express my extreme appreciation and gratitude to:

JoAnne and Ray for making it happen and for their love & friendship…

Sylvia, Nadia-Tess and JoAnne, for being so willing to drop everything and without any notice come with me and make sure I was ok… Also, for still loving me after having to experience my wackiness, before & right after my surgery.

Bibi for her friendship and taking such good care of me in the days that followed the surgery…

The biggest thing I learned in the past year is although the ability to love and be loved is not a manifestation of losing weight, since it is really there all the time, it sure makes it easier to love others and feel worthy of being loved in return, when you feel better about yourself.

(2012 update - Here's a more current photo of me after a Tummy Tuck in October 2010.. This one was taken last summer.)

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment