Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wish it was hers... but it's not...

So some of you may remember that in July I did a post because my friend's garden was totally awesome and I got to pick a bunch of her produce. I thought it was great because my garden had a slow start this year...

Here's the previous post for those of you that missed it before: Wish it was mine.. but it's not...

Anyway, after being gone for three weeks on the work trip I now wish that my yard and garden was her's and not mine... The weeds are out of control in the flower beds and the garden is just out of control. My lettuce & brussels sprouts bolted in the hot weather so I had to pull them out. Did you know that cucumbers can get about a foot and a half long? The carrots & beets need thinning and frankly all I want to do for the out of control mess is ignore it and go fishing...

I have done some weeding of two of the flower beds but the third one has grass (weeds) about 2 feet high in all the flowers but I do have to say the zucchini is looking ok right... I just keep telling myself that a little each day and I might get control.. depends how fast the new weeds want to grow if I'll get ahead or more behind... Anyone have a weeding addiction? I have the yard to satisfy your addiction galore... just come on over...

Just some of the harvest...

and some more...
This is the flower bed I actually have weeded completely... Molly is checking it out.

I almost have this one done.. just still some grass in the middle part.

See the grass?

This is the one that is totally out of control... I don't even know where to start with this bed.

Peas & celery...

Cucumbers & Squash on left... the onions had major trauma on the right.

A zucchini is growing in there... really...

I have no idea what happened to the onions, shallots & garlic...

Beans

Just a few of the yellow beans that were growing like crazy...

Beets on the left... carrots on the right... both need to be thinned very badly...

Another shot of the beets & carrots from the other side view...

No comments:

Post a Comment