Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bizarre Foods.... "If it looks good... eat it"....

You know how you drive by a car accident and can't help but look at it? You are pretty sure you really don't want to see the actual blood and gore but you look anyway?

That's how I am most of the time when I am watching Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel. Some of the stuff is interesting and other times I'm like... ugh... no thanks, I'll pass even though I consider myself a very adventurous eater.

Last night JoAnne, Dr. Rod and myself went to a restaurant in Tijuana called Severios. JoAnne and I have been there many times before and we normally order this wonderful Seared Tuna that is completely delightful.... We ordered that last night and Dr. Rod ordered a few more things for us to try...

This is Octopus... it was really good. I've had Octopus before and normally find it very tough but this was tender and not chewy.

Now, the one dish I've seen Andrew Zimmern have on his Madrid, Spain episode is Baby Squid cooked in their own ink. I've always found it interesting but have never been brave enough to order it myself. Dr. Rod ordered it and I was still hesitant but willing to try...

Let me tell you it was DELICIOUS. Nothing like I imagined it would taste like and definitely something I would order again. Here's a photo... it doesn't look appealing being all black but it is really good... If you have the opportunity to try it I suggest that you do....

Here's a couple more photos of my trip to Tijuana...
Dr. Sanchez & myself...

Dr. Elmo & Myself in lead aprons ready for the patient's leak tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment